What we do
LIFE Academies Trust is a not-for-profit charitable company responsible for the quality of all schools and settings within its remit.
To make sure this aim becomes a reality, the Trust run a small central team who are responsible for:
- Working closely with the Board of Trustees to ensure the effective operation of all areas of the Trust in the short, medium and long term.
- Ensuring Safeguarding duties and other areas of statutory compliance are carried out appropriately by all schools and settings.
- Supporting and challenging the performance of all schools and settings within the Trust.
- The employment of all staff within each school and setting within the Trust.
- Ensuring that Principals and setting leaders can focus as exclusively as possible on the quality of provision and outcomes for children and young people by managing the 'business' side of school operations as fully as possible - including Human Resources, Facilities Management and Financial planning, processes and procedures.
- Sourcing and managing the distribution of external funds to support the work of the Trust and its schools and settings - for example - managing the implementation of capital build projects.
To be effective in this work the Board of Trustees and the Central Team will ensure we consistently:
- Know the quality of outcomes in our key areas (educational performance, staffing, finance etc...).
- Add value to schools operations in these areas.
- Measure the impact of the work we undertake.
- Reflect and adapt to constantly improve what we do.